More than just a newsstand...

Friday, October 21, 2005

"Cuckoo" Clock

20th October 2005, Singapore - Haywire! That's how you would describe one's circadian rhythm or what's more casually referred to as your 'body clock'. Shift workers suffer the most because of their consistently irregular waking and sleeping hours. Yet there are those who unwittingly and deliberately chose to have their clocks messed up, i.e. ME. Here's how it all happened.

I had a brainwave to move the programme I co-host from 10am to noon to the evenings from 10pm to midnight. I'd initially proposed having it as a 2-week arrangement. But my colleague wasn't going to have it (for that long), so she was firm to make known her opinion and her less-than-enthusiastic backing of my idea. Thanks Masha for doing that because I'm not even 4 days through the week and my eyelids don't at all need the help of gravity to slam shut. And when I say 'slam', I mean "SLAM"! *ouch*

Can't wait for next week when all returns to normal. When the day is for us to work and toil and the night to usher in sweet rest.

"I lie down and sleep; I wake again, because the LORD sustains me." ~ Psalm 3:5

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

haha... don't worry... it takes some adjustments but it is no doubt somewhat refreshing! what i used to enjoy about night shifts were the peace and quiet... you don't get a whole lot of that in the day...

Thursday, October 20, 2005

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home