More than just a newsstand...

Saturday, October 15, 2005

How are your Knees?



14th October 2005, Singapore - Watch your knees! That's the warning by many orthopedics, who say knee pain is among the most common complaints. Knee injuries are generally caused by overuse. But if you don't use them very rigourously, then age will catch up and bones and joints will weaken. You may read more about sports injuries that have to do with the knees at the website of the Singapore Sports Council.

And while God's continued to bless me with knees that haven't called for a time-out, I continue to indulge in my favourite recreational activities - tennis and bowling. Here I am with colleagues who share the passion!

But physical fitness aside, I am brought to rememberance of worn out knees not caused by rough and tumble movement, but just by being still and on your knees. The activity? Prayer. I am reminded that getting on my knees to speak with Someone who loves me and who hears every word I utter develops spiritual fitness.

Prayer: Lord, give me more time, not on my hands, but on my knees. Amen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home