More than just a newsstand...

Saturday, February 13, 2010

I of the Tiger

So on the eve of the third cycle of my year - the Year of the Tiger, I sit and reflect, with the reflection of the sun off the neighbouring block and on my face. The glare causes me to squint yet warms my skin. Could this be a reflection and a promise of God's grace and favour come what He's pre-arranged for me in the new lunar year? I chose to believe so for I know His ways and will are perfect as He's reassured in Romans 12:2.

A tune comes to mind and below is an excerpt from three stanzas that fill me with confidence that He's going to be there once I leap into the new lunar year tomorrow, just like He has always been:

Lord, let Your light
Light of Your face shine on us
Lord, let Your grace
Grace from Your hand fall on us
Lord, let Your love
Love with no end come over us
That we may be saved
That we may have life
To find our way in the darkest night
Let Your light shine on us
How wonderful and what peace to be found in the Lord Jesus Christ as we, to borrow the lyrics of the song 'What is Faith' taken from the upcoming Mueller musical, 'leap forth into the unknown (where) hopes and fears mingle in our souls'.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home