More than just a newsstand...

Wednesday, June 04, 2008

The First Dinner

Dinners are an everyday affair and they usually don't command special attention unless they're a celebration or a reunion. Neither happened last evening but it was our first home-cooked (yes, Dorcas & I prepared the meal; more so my wife) so I thought it was a Canon moment.

Every dinner hereafter won't be the first dinner where you tempered with getting the fire going at the stove, where you get the cooker hood turned on and put your virgin ladle, tong and spatula to work. Even our dining set had never sat on the new placemats we'd bought from Isetan until last night. I'm sure the utensils had as much fun having a night out as Dorcas and I did having a night in!

If you thought our angelhair pasta with bolognaise sauce, minced beef, diced onions, sliced capsicums, tomatoes and mushrooms was a lot of work, tomorrow will be a Chinese home-cooked dinner we're hosting for my folks. Wish us luck with more elaborate dishes being served up!

With each meal we prepare, I'm sure we can only get better. So who shall we serve next? Take a number. The bigger your number, the more assured you are of Michelin-starred food grilled, stir-fried, steamed and toasted to perfection, and served with the highest standards of service. Ma ma mia!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Stan & Dorcas, I take number 315! Please notify me when the time comes hor. :-)

Wednesday, June 11, 2008

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home