More than just a newsstand...

Saturday, October 13, 2007

The Married Life...8 Weeks On

The ring sits snuggly on my finger exactly 8 weeks on. I haven't lost weight nor put on, at least not around the fourth finger on the left hand. Elsewhere? You've got to ask my wife who keeps telling me I'm skinny. For the umpteenth time to all who mis-used this word, I am NOT skinny. There's a world of a difference between skinny and lean. I am of the latter; 'lean' only has positive associations. Try as I might, high metabolism and good genes keeps me from growing to gargantuan proportions.

Back to the ring on the finger, it's the good work of the goldsmith that makes the fit perfect. To have a snug fit in marriage, the relation-smith is God. It's been weeks of settling in married life. The gives-and-takes, finding the balance, learning how to complement each other, learning what makes the other tick and ticked-off (haha). We've begun cooking meals at home despite poor economic reason to seeing how it's cheaper to eat out or buy back. Plus eliminating the need to spend time preparing a meal and washing up after. But there is some kind of satisfaction that it's a home-base activity you can share and also prove you aren't completely hopeless in the kitchen. Our cooked rice is still soggy, but you should have been around when we first put the rice to cook and when it was ready, I was looking at a staple more porridge-like. Things can only get better and soon, we'll open a restaurant. Any sponsors out there? You can relegate me to being a service staff - I always had ambitions to being one and serving up excellent Aussie service with the food.

For more photos of what my colleague has described as 'The Wedding of The Year' (mine's probably the only one she's been and will be invited to this year. Hahahah), they've been uploaded at http://www.flickr.com/photos/12391952@N03