More than just a newsstand...

Saturday, July 07, 2007

070707 Re-scheduled


To get married on this very day had crossed my mind. Just as I've told friends I'd throw a birthday celebration (which isn't an annual event) on '090909' where I'd be at the prime of life or smack at mid-life, getting hitched and walking down the aisle would be wonderful with a magical perfect-sounding string of numbers like '070707'. Had I followed my head, I'd have been the 773rd solemnisation to have taken place today all across this tiny island.

Got home not very long ago from Jacob's wedding at church. Simple and sweet. The early morning rains surely brought down the temperature for what would be sweat-inducing affairs around midday. But it turned out well for the handsome couple, Jacob & Rebekah. And may the Lord bless their union richly hereon forth.

Torn between their wedding banquet and another childhood friend's invitiation to his, I chose the latter as I'd missed Kam Wai's (aka David) solemnisation at the Armenian Church - the same pretty premises Cheryl & Thomas had made their vows and released colourful balloons filled with messages into the air. Thanks to overhanging tree branches, my balloon never made it further than two storeys! Perhaps my written wish should've been for balloons to have unobstructured passage to the sky! But it's a joy seeing baby Claire growing up well. She sometimes comes to church with her grandparents.

Tomorrow, Dorcas and I sling our bags over our shoulders and play the role of postman. The cards will begin to find their way to their rightful owners whose names we've written on the envelopes. Names of people who've blessed us, whom God has brought into our lives to enrich it with meaningful relationships. People whom we'd love to celebrate with on the impending joyous day.

Ahead of the day the bells ring, the petals thrown and the vows taken, Chris from Agapella offered to snap pre-wedding shots of us in casuals since we weren't taking bridal photos before the day. Interestingly, Chris' fulltime occupation (pre-ocupation?) is with food. He prepares them, minces them, fries and bakes them, kneads and knots them and also snaps them. Am I to assume he thought we looked delicious enough for a photoshoot? Appetite-aside, Chris is truly a wizard of a shutterbug. His amazing work with Junyan's (former Agapella member) Lord of The Rings-themed wedding photos were incredible.

With this entry are 2 samples of shots he took of Dorcas & I recently at our shoot that covered four locations in four hours. We can't wait to see the rest on '190807'! Thanks Chris!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

chris is a genius :)

Thursday, October 11, 2007

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home