More than just a newsstand...

Saturday, February 24, 2007

In the RED

So it's my last year receiving red packets this lunar new year. The ironic thing is that it's been one of my best financial hauls this year of the pig. Given the economy's all powered up to thrust ahead, but I suppose it's because my family has you could say, doubled. While not officially family yet, Dorcas' side of the family had a part to play in the bonus, coupled with the fact that some relatives are rejoicing early with me about our marriage. But it's a good start to opening a joint account I suppose - praise God from Whom all blessings flow! No more packets for me till the little Leongs I suppose. ;p

That Alf-looking creature you see sits on my PC at work and I thought my sunnies looked cool on him (gee! didn't know our head sizes were that close). There he sits holding out red packets and ready to give it away to any passer by. I guess I'll be in his position this time next year! But God willing, I won't be just sitting around looking cool but still purposefully employed.

Our engagement ceremony in the Caribbean happens a week from now and we're naturally excited. It'll be a milestone as we make a public commitment to each other in love in front of our family and relatives! I'm sure either/both of us will update you about our engagement thereafter. Watch this space and the pressed leaf.

Blessed Lunar New Year to you!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home