More than just a newsstand...

Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Vulnerability & Friends

28th December 2005, Singapore - The attributes or what we look for in good friends has been called into question. For the longest time, friends are supposed to be pillars of strength, good role models, inspiring and excellent company. But allow me to suggest that the level of friendship also be based on the level of vulnerability between friends.

I feel a sense of liberation at precious occasions with friends where I've been able to be transparent, to share my struggles, to raise questions, to come across as uncertain and lost --- to feel vulnerable. Have you felt vulnerable? Vulnerability is a perfect indicator of the depth of friendship. The deeper and dearer a friend is to you whom you trust, the more comfortable you'd be feeling vulnerable. I've been on both sides of the friendship axis, and I appreciate those who trust me enough to be transparent. Sounds like an oxymoron doesn't it? But I thank God for friends with whom I feel no shame or embarrassment when I make my thoughts and feelings open for picking and prying. To those who know who you are, thank you for your confidence and that I can entrust matters to you in confidence.

At the close of this year, I give thanks for YOU! Yes, you reading The NewsStan(d). You who have been pillars of strength, good role models, inspiring and excellent company, and who have my best at heart at my most vulnerable. Thanks for being a blessing this year. May we be blessed to be a blessing.

Here's to stronger friendships in the new year. God bless you richly!

"Friendship is a priceless gift
It can never be bought or sold
But in the time of trouble
No good thing will it withhold"

~ Unknown

1 Comments:

Blogger dorcas said...

thanks for that post, babe ;) Really thankful for the bestest friend i have found - definitely, the friends He has granted through all the different stages of life, all over the world, are one of God's most wonderful blessings =)

Wednesday, December 28, 2005

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home