More than just a newsstand...

Thursday, January 01, 2009

Into The First Day of Twenty-O-Nine

I wouldn't have realised we were into the new year had my dad not nudged me from the right. I had my head bowed in contemplation, waiting for the wine to be served to those seated on my pew. That was when my father leaned over during the Holy Communion and elbowed me, half gesturing to the front. I raised my head and read "2009!" projected on the retractable screen. Almost at that second, the church bells chimed with gusto to usher in a brand new year!

There was a reassuring sense of calm; I felt at ease being in the Lord's house in the final moments of 2008 and entering the new year with Him by my side. Wanton parties and relvery may whisk us away for those moments, but sooner or later, we've got to face up to what the new year may throw at us.

What comfort to know that I have committed 2009 to my loving Father in Heaven and He will watch over me for even His eye is on the sparrow!

May your hope this new year be in Christ...and Christ alone!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home