More than just a newsstand...

Saturday, July 22, 2006

The Runs & The Run

22nd July, Singapore - The editor has been unwell since returning to the island city. His current state? Shrivelled and wrinkled like a dried up prune or a sun-dried tomato void of its luscious red sheen...well, at least that's how he sees it.

But don't start sending him text messages to check on his condition. He suggests you save the pennies and radiation and focus on intercession. "Prayers work wonders even though medicine may not", he says. He slides back in his seat looking uncomfortable but catches my questioning look as he raises his eyes to catch mine. "You must be thinking I'm itching or aching with my shifting from side to side. Well neither. I'm sore from a non-stop bout of diarhoea since midnight on Tues. Have you ever used up a roll of paper in 24 hours?" he asks as with an uncanny sense of accomplishment.

The NewsStan(d) understands the editor obtained medication like lomotil from his family doctor at midweek but that hasn't stopped the irregular and overactive bowel activity. It's understood he's also downed two tiny bottles of a repulsive bitter-pungent forumla produced in Macau which his mother believes will stop the runs, but this may be the first case of diarrhoea that continues to persist. We can only suspect the editor's mom to be upset the product has failed her son.

"I'm currently on charcoal pills. Decided I'd give it a try and dropped by a pharmacy to pick a box up yesterday. I think it's still too early to tell if it's working, but I hope to spend more time being productive than just sitting on the throne. It's indeed a sor(e)-ry state I'd like to get out of soon," joked the editor.

There were also unconfirmed reports that the editor had taken part in a race this morning at the Botanic Gardens, to which he said he was thankful to God for enabling him to complete the 2.2 kilometre run that pit his organisation against others in the annual Corporate Community Games.

"I want to keep on running, but I sure wouldn't mind the runs stopping!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home